Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i'm too young, they say... to be promoted

I cannot fathom how one's age can play such significant role and a deciding factor where I work. *sigh* then again, it IS a conservative 'organisation' after all.

"You're too young but that does not mean we are not eyeing you." So, am I supposed to stay on and wait for years to pass me by? 4 years passed and now I'm of age. Haha. So funny. This is like some match-made partnership. Similar.

After a mentorship program, some projects dunked into, and a major one to expect in 2007, we'll see. Yes, I am excited. Excited for challenges, changes, weightier responsibilities (not that I am not getting it any lighter now) just not too keen to know what their package is gonna be. Why? They are not any competitive in the industry; worse yet - they're in the bottom three. So why stay on? Because your 'market rate' goes up only when you leave. Haha (again)

This place is really conservative. Seriously. We are all students back in either an all gals school or an all boys school filled with strict disciplinarians. Alright, I'm staying because I enjoy what I do. There is passion. Passion keeps me going. Passion keeps me alive. Passion feeds my soul.

today i am weary,
today i am bleary-eyed.
today i am much too fiery,
today i am satisfied.

yesterday was a long nite,
yesterday i slept at 6 in the morn!
yesterday flowed through till lite,
yesterday i was gone and today am born (again).

boy am i tired,
gal am i proud to be,
boy is the cute next door,
gal with the ponytail i wear rite now.

enough for now, to study i must.
i've been delaying and procrastinating,
and lazying too much.